DJ Cuppy’s profession is a DJ, music producer, vocalist, entrepreneur, and philanthropist. She is known for her Afrobeats mixes and her work in promoting African music on a global scale. She is also the daughter of Nigerian billionaire Femi Otedola.
DJ Cuppy Early Life:
Florence Ifeoluwa Otedola, better known by her stage name DJ Cuppy, was born on November 11, 1992, in Lagos, Nigeria. She is the daughter of Nigerian businessman Femi Otedola. She grew up in Lagos and moved to London at the age of 13.
Cuppy attended Grange School, Ikeja, for her primary education. She then relocated to London to attend boarding school. While in London, she began to develop her interest in music. Her parents gifted her an iPod full of Nigerian music, which helped her to stay connected to her roots.
Cuppy learned how to DJ purely from observation. She would watch other DJs and try to emulate their techniques. By the time she was 16, she was already a skilled DJ. She began playing at clubs and events in London, and soon she was becoming a household name.
DJ Cuppy Career:
Cuppy began her career as a DJ in 2013, while she was still a student at King’s College London. She quickly gained a reputation as one of the most promising DJs in Africa, and in 2014 she was selected as the resident DJ at the MTV Africa Music Awards.
In 2014, Cuppy released her debut mixtape, House of Cuppy. The mixtape was a mix of EDM-esque remixes of songs by leading afropop artists, and it was a critical and commercial success. Cuppy has since released two more mixtapes, Sugar Daddy in 2016 and Original Copy in 2018.
In addition to her DJing career, Cuppy is also a music producer and entrepreneur. She founded her own record label, Red Velvet Music Group, in 2014. She has also launched her own clothing line, Cuppy Clothing, and her own water brand, Watergoddess.
Cuppy is also a philanthropist. She is the founder of the Cuppy Foundation, which supports education and empowerment for young women in Africa.
Cuppy is one of the most successful and influential DJs in Africa. She is known for her eclectic mix of music, her energetic performances, and her entrepreneurial spirit. She is also a role model for young women in Africa, and she is committed to using her platform to promote education and empowerment.
DJ Cuppy Personal Life:
DJ Cuppy has been linked to several celebrities in the past, including Asa Asika, Victor Anichebe, and Broda Shaggi. However, she is currently single. In November 2022, she got engaged to Youtuber/BMX Rider Ryan Taylor, but the couple have since unfollowed each other on social media, suggesting that they have broken up.
Award And Nomination:
- Nigerian Entertainment Award for Best DJ (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021)
- Nigerian Entertainment Award for World DJ (2015)
- City People Music Award for DJ of the Year (Female) (2015, 2016, 2017)
- The Future Awards Africa Prize for Music (Endowed by Infinix) (2015)
- The Future Awards Africa Prize for Creative Professional (2016)
- Nickelodeon’s Kids’ Choice Awards, Favourite African Social Media Star (2020)
She has won the following awards:
- Lagos State Ministry of Youth and Social Development, Artist of the Year (2017)
- Nigerian Event Awards, Best Female DJ (2018)
- AFRO Nation Awards, Best Female DJ (2018)
- Nigeria Achievers Award, Best Female DJ (2019)
- DJ Cuppy Albums
- Original Copy (2020)
- DJ Cuppy EPs
- Abena (2018)
- DJ Cuppy Singles
- Green Light (2017)
- Vybe (2018)
- Gelato (with Zlatan) (2019)
- Werk (with Skuki) (2019)
- I Love My Country (with Tunji Oyelana) (2019)
- Currency (with L.A.X) (2020)
- I Wanna Live My Life (2020)
- Friends (2020)
- Jollof On The Jet (with Rema and Rayvanny) (2020)
- Epe (with Efya) (2020)
- Wale (with Wyclef Jean) (2020)
- Feel Good (with Fireboy DML) (2020)
- Cold Heart Killer (with Darkoo) (2020)
- Karma (with Stonebwoy) (2020)
- Litty Lit (with Teni) (2020)
- Guilty Pleasure (with Nonso Amadi) (2020)
- P.O.Y. (with Ycee and Ms Banks) (2020)
- Labalaba (with Seyi Shay) (2020)
DJ Cuppy Social Media:
- Instagram: @cuppymusic
- Twitter: @cuppymusic
- Facebook: @cuppymusic
- TikTok: @cuppymusic
- YouTube: DJ Cuppy
DJ Cuppy Net Worth:
DJ Cuppy’s net worth is estimated to be $1.7 million to $3 million as of 2023. She is a Nigerian disc jockey, singer, and songwriter. She is the daughter of Nigerian billionaire Femi Otedola.
Do you find Six9ja useful? Click here to give us five stars rating!