The Federal University of Technology, Minna (FUTMINNA) cut-off mark for the academic session is 180 for all courses. This is the minimum cut-off mark for all candidates who wish to be admitted into the university.
However, the cut-off mark for some competitive courses such as Medicine and Surgery, Pharmacy, Dentistry, and Engineering is 200.
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) cut-off mark for FUTMINNA is 180. This means that candidates with a JAMB score of 180 and above are eligible to apply for admission into the university.
The FUTMINNA post UTME cut-off mark is 60%. This means that candidates must score at least 60% in the post UTME examination in order to be admitted into the university.
The following are the courses offered at FUTMINNA and their cut-off marks:
- Agriculture: 180
- Architecture: 200
- Civil Engineering: 200
- Computer Science: 200
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering: 200
- Mechanical Engineering: 200
- Medicine and Surgery: 200
- Pharmacy: 200
- Dentistry: 200
- Nursing: 180
- Physics: 180
- Statistics: 180
Please note that these are just the cut-off marks for the 2023/2024 academic session. The cut-off marks may change in subsequent years.
How much is Minna school fees?
The school fees in Minna vary depending on the school, the level of education, and the boarding or day status. Here are some examples of school fees in Minna:
- Federal University of Technology, Minna (FUT Minna): N120,000 per semester for full-time students and N60,000 per semester for part-time students.
- Newgate University Minna (NUM): N150,000 per semester for undergraduate students and N200,000 per semester for postgraduate students.
- New Horizons College Minna: N100,000 per term for day students and N150,000 per term for boarding students.
- Premium Towers International School Minna: N50,000 per term for day students and N75,000 per term for boarding students.
These are just a few examples, and the actual school fees may vary. It is always best to contact the school directly to inquire about their current school fees.
Here are some factors that may affect the school fees in Minna:
- The level of education: The school fees for higher education institutions are typically higher than the school fees for primary and secondary schools.
- The boarding or day status: Boarding schools typically have higher school fees than day schools.
- The facilities and amenities offered by the school: Schools with more facilities and amenities, such as a swimming pool, a library, and a sports complex, typically have higher school fees.
- The location of the school: Schools in urban areas typically have higher school fees than schools in rural areas.
Does Federal University of Technology, Minna write post UTME?
No, the Federal University of Technology, Minna does not write a post UTME exam. The university uses the candidate’s Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) score and other criteria to determine admission.
The requirements for admission into FUTO are as follows:
- UTME candidates must have scored a minimum of 160 in their UTME.
- Direct Entry candidates must be holders of OND/HND/First Degree and A’ Level in relevant discipline and subjects.
The university also considers other factors such as the candidate’s academic performance in their O’Level exams, their personal statement, and their letters of recommendation.
The application for admission into FUTO is online and the deadline for submission is usually in September. The university will release the admission list in October.
What is the ranking of Federal university of Minna?
According to the 2023 rankings, the Federal University of Technology, Minna (FUTMINNA) is ranked 9th in Nigeria and 2844th in the world. It is also ranked 83rd in Africa. The university’s ranking is based on a number of factors, including research output, teaching quality, and internationalization.
Here are the specific rankings of FUTMINNA in different ranking systems:
- World University Rankings (THE): Reporter (2023)
- SCImago Institutions Rankings: 83rd (2023)
- EduRank: 9th in Nigeria (2023)
- uniRank: 10756th in the world (2023)
- AD Scientific Index: 1298th in Africa (2023)
FUTMINNA is a public university located in Minna, Niger State, Nigeria. It was established in 1983 and offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs in engineering, science, technology, and other disciplines. The university has a strong research focus and has produced a number of notable alumni, including the current Minister of State for Education, Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba.
Does Mautech offer medicine and surgery?
Yes, the Modibbo Adama University of Technology (MAUTECH) offers Medicine and Surgery. The university’s medical college was approved by the National Universities Commission (NUC) in 2020 and began admitting students in the 2020/2021 academic session. The medical college is located in the university’s main campus in Yola, Adamawa State.
The medical program at MAUTECH is a 6-year course leading to the Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) degree. The first 5 years of the program are spent on pre-clinical studies, which cover the basic sciences of medicine. The final year is spent on clinical rotations, where students gain hands-on experience in various medical specialties.
The medical college at MAUTECH is accredited by the NUC and the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria (MDCN). The college has a well-equipped teaching hospital and a faculty of experienced and qualified lecturers.
If you are interested in studying Medicine and Surgery at MAUTECH, you will need to meet the following requirements:
- A minimum of 5 credits in the following subjects in your O’level exams: English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- A minimum of 200 in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and a good score in the MAUTECH Post-UTME examination.
For more information on the medical program at MAUTECH, you can visit the university’s website or contact the admissions office.
pursuing a degree in Medicine and Surgery at MAUTECH requires meeting specific requirements. These include obtaining a minimum of 5 credits in subjects such as English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in your O’level exams. Additionally, you must achieve a minimum score of 200 in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and perform well in the MAUTECH Post-UTME examination. For further details about the medical program, it is advisable to visit the university’s website or get in touch with the admissions office.
Do you find Six9ja useful? Click here to give us five stars rating!