American songs are songs that are written, performed, or recorded in the United States. They can be of any genre, including pop, rock, country, hip hop, R&B, jazz, and classical music. American songs often reflect the country’s diverse culture and history, and they can be about a wide range of topics, from love and loss to social and political issues.
1. Strangers by Kenya Grace
Kenya Grace is a British singer-songwriter and producer. She is best known for her 2023 single “Strangers”, which reached number one in the UK Singles Chart. She is signed to Warner Records.
Grace was born in South Africa and grew up in Southampton, England. She began writing songs at the age of ten and started singing in primary school after being gifted a Yamaha keyboard. She developed an interest in musical theatre and dance music, dubstep in particular.
After graduating from the Academy of Contemporary Music in Guildford with a degree in songwriting and creative artistry, Grace began releasing independent singles and collaborating with underground acts. In 2023, she signed with Major Records and Warner and released her debut single, “Strangers”, which quickly became a hit.
Kenya Grace top songs
- Afterparty Lover
- Only In My Mind
Watch Strangers by Kenya Grace
2. Dance The Night by Dua Lipa
Dua Lipa is a British-Albanian singer, songwriter, and model. She is known for her distinctive husky voice and songs that mix 1970s disco, ’80s pop, and ’90s club music. Lipa has won numerous awards throughout her career, including six Brit Awards, three Grammy Awards, and two Guinness World Records.
Lipa was born in London to Albanian parents who had fled Kosovo during the Bosnian War. She moved back to Kosovo with her family at age 11, but returned to London on her own at age 15 to pursue a career in music. Lipa signed with Warner Music Group in 2014 and released her self-titled debut album in 2017. The album spawned several hit singles, including “New Rules”, which became a global smash and reached number six on the Billboard Hot 100 chart in the United States.
Dua Lipa top songs
- Levitating (ft. DaBaby) (2020)
- Don’t Start Now (2020)
- Hallucinate (2020)
- Love Again (2020)
- New Rules (2017)
- Break My Heart (2020)
- Physical (2020)
- IDGAF (2017)
- One Kiss ft. Calvin Harris (2018)
- New Love (2020)
Watch Dance The Night by Dua Lipa
3. BOTH (with 21 Savage) by Tiësto, BIA
Tiësto (real name Tijs Michiel Verwest) is a Dutch DJ and record producer who is considered one of the pioneers of electronic dance music (EDM). He has been voted “The Greatest DJ of All Time” by Mix magazine and “The Best DJ of the Last 20 Years” by DJ Mag readers.
Tiësto was born in Breda, Netherlands, in 1969. He began DJing professionally at school parties in the mid-1980s. In 1997, he founded the label Black Hole Recordings, where he released the Magik and In Search of Sunrise CD series. These compilations helped to popularize trance music and established Tiësto as one of the leading DJs in the world.
Tiësto has released numerous albums and singles over the years, and has collaborated with a wide range of artists, including Coldplay, Katy Perry, and Calvin Harris. He has also performed at major festivals and events around the world, including the Olympic Games and the Super Bowl Halftime Show.
Here are Tiësto’s top songs
- The Business (2021)
- Jackie Chan (2018) feat. Dzeko & Preme ft. Post Malone
- Secrets (2015) feat. Vassy
- Red Lights (2013) feat. John Legend
- Adagio for Strings (2004)
- Traffic (2003)
- Maximal Crazy (2003)
- Love Comes Again (2004) feat. BT
- Escape Me (2004) feat. Kathleen
- Lethal Industry (2006) feat. SebastiAn
- Zero 76 (2017) with Hardwell
- C’mon (2004) feat. Keane
Watch BOTH (with 21 Savage) by Tiësto, BIA
4. In The City by Charli XCX, Sam Smith
Charli XCX (born Charlotte Emma Aitchison on August 2, 1992) is an English singer-songwriter. Born in Cambridge and raised in Start Hill, Essex, she began posting songs on Myspace in 2008, which led to her discovery by a promoter who invited her to perform at warehouse raves. In 2010, she signed a recording contract with Asylum Records, releasing a series of singles and mixtapes throughout 2011 and 2012.
Charli XCX rose to prominence in 2012 with the Icona Pop collaboration “I Love It”, which became an international success, reaching top 10 in North America and Europe. She followed this up with her debut album, True Romance (2013), which was a critical and commercial success, spawning the singles “Nuclear Seasons” and “You (Ha Ha Ha)”.
Charli XCX has since released four more studio albums, Sucker (2014), Charli (2019), How I’m Feeling Now (2020), and Crash (2022). Her music has been praised for its experimentalism, its eclectic mix of genres, and its empowering messages. She has also collaborated with a wide range of artists, including Iggy Azalea, Rihanna, Selena Gomez, and Troye Sivan.
Here are some of Sam Smith’s top songs
- Stay With Me (2014)
- Too Good at Goodbyes (2017)
- I’m Not the Only One (2014)
- Unholy (2022)
- Latch (2012)
- Promises (2018)
- Fire on Fire (2014)
- Dancing with a Stranger (2019)
Watch In The City by Charli XCX, Sam Smith
5. greedy by Tate McRae
Tate McRae is a Canadian singer, songwriter, dancer, and actress. She gained prominence at the age of thirteen as the first Canadian finalist on the American reality TV show So You Think You Can Dance. In 2019, she caught the attention of RCA Records after her original song “One Day” went viral on YouTube and TikTok. She released her debut EP, All the Things I Never Said, in 2020, which spawned the international hit single “You Broke Me First.”
McRae has been praised for her honest and relatable lyrics, as well as her powerful vocals and energetic dance performances. She has been featured in Billboard’s 21 Under 21 One to Watch list, Pandora’s Artists to Watch list, and Forbes’ 30 Under 30 list. She is currently one of the most popular and promising young artists in the music industry.
Watch greedy by Tate McRae
6. Cupid (Twin Ver.) by FIFTY FIFTY
FIFTY FIFTY is a South Korean girl group formed in 2022 under Attrakt, consisting of now Keena, after Saena, Aran, and Sio’s contracts were terminated in June 2023. The group debuted on November 18, 2022 with their extended play The Fifty.
The group’s name “FIFTY FIFTY” means “50 vs 50,” which means “above” and “reality,” respectively. This represents the group’s concept of being both aspirational and relatable.
FIFTY FIFTY quickly gained popularity with their debut EP, which featured the hit single “Tell Me.” The song was praised for its catchy melody and empowering message. The group also gained attention for their energetic and synchronized performances.
In February 2023, FIFTY FIFTY released their second single album, Cupid. The title track became a viral hit, making FIFTY FIFTY the fastest K-pop group to enter the US Billboard Hot 100 and UK Singles Chart, within four months of debut.
FIFTY FIFTY’s top songs are
- Cupid (Twin Ver.)
- Barbie Dreams (feat. Kaliii) [From Barbie The Album]
- Tell Me
- Log in
- Lovin’ Me
- See Right Through You
- Fifty Fifty 50/50
- a hopeless romantic all my life (i fell in love with cupid lofi)
7. get him back! by FIFTY FIFTY
FIFTY FIFTY (피프티 피프티) is a South Korean girl group formed in 2022 by Attrakt. The group originally consisted of four members: Aran, Keena, Saena, and Sio. They debuted on November 18, 2022 with their extended play The Fifty.
FIFTY FIFTY experienced a commercial breakthrough with their viral hit single “Cupid”, which was released in February 2023. The single made FIFTY FIFTY the fastest K-pop group to enter the US Billboard Hot 100 and UK Singles Chart, within four months of debut.
In June 2023, all four members of FIFTY FIFTY filed a lawsuit against Attrakt, accusing the agency of violating contract terms. On July 28, 2023, the Seoul Central District Court ruled in favor of the members, terminating their contracts with Attrakt.
As of November 1, 2023, FIFTY FIFTY consists of one member: Keena. It is unclear if or when the group will regroup with new members.
FIFTY FIFTY is known for their bright and energetic music, as well as their strong vocal and dance skills. The group has been praised for their unique concept, which combines elements of pop, R&B, and dance music.
FIFTY FIFTY is one of the most popular K-pop groups of 2023, and they have quickly gained a large following both in Korea and internationally. The group has won several awards, including the Rookie of the Year award at the 2023 Seoul Music Awards.
Even though the group is currently in a state of flux, FIFTY FIFTY remains one of the most exciting and promising new K-pop groups.
the top 5 songs by FIFTY FIFTY
- Cupid (Twin Ver.)
- Barbie Dreams (feat. Kaliii) [From Barbie The Album]
- Tell Me
Watch Get him back! by FIFTY FIFTY
8. As It Was by Harry Styles
Harry Edward Styles (born February 1, 1994) is an English singer, songwriter, actor, and model. He rose to fame as a member of the boy band One Direction in 2010, and has since embarked on a successful solo career. Styles is known for his eclectic musical style, which incorporates elements of pop, rock, soul, and folk. He has also been praised for his fashion sense and his advocacy for LGBTQ+ rights.
Styles’ solo career has been marked by critical and commercial success. His self-titled debut album (2017) debuted at number one in the United Kingdom and the United States, and was nominated for a Grammy Award for Best Pop Vocal Album. His second album, Fine Line (2019), was also a critical and commercial success, and won the Grammy Award for Best Pop Vocal Album. His third album, Harry’s House (2022), was also a critical and commercial success, and won three Grammy Awards, including Album of the Year and Best Pop Vocal Album.
In addition to his music career, Styles has also starred in several films, including Dunkirk (2017), Eternals (2021), and Don’t Worry Darling (2022). He has also collaborated with several fashion brands, including Gucci and Pleasing.
Styles is a global icon and one of the most popular entertainers in the world. He is known for his charisma, his artistry, and his commitment to using his platform to make a difference.
Here are Harry Styles’ top songs
- As It Was
- Adore You
- Watermelon Sugar
- Lights Up
- Late Night Talking
- Sign of the Times
- Sweet Creature
- Ever Since New York
Watch As It Was by Harry Styles
9. Easy On Me by Adele
Adele Laurie Blue Adkins MBE (born 5 May 1988), known mononymously as Adele, is an English singer-songwriter. She is known for her powerful mezzo-soprano vocals and songwriting. Adele has received numerous accolades including 16 Grammy Awards, an Academy Award, a Primetime Emmy Award, and a Golden Globe Award.
Adele is one of the world’s best-selling music artists, with sales of over 120 million records worldwide. She was named the best-selling artist of the 2010s decade in the US and worldwide, as well as the best-selling female artist of the 21st century in the UK. Her studio albums, 21 and 25 are certified Diamond in the US, the most of any artist who debuted in the 21st century.
Adele’s music is characterized by its soulful, emotive vocals and her ability to write songs about personal experiences that resonate with listeners. Her songs often deal with themes of love, loss, and heartbreak, but she also writes about more uplifting topics such as hope and resilience.
Adele is a highly respected artist, and her music has been praised by critics for its honesty, vulnerability, and emotional power. She is also known for her powerful live performances, which have been described as “breathtaking” and “exhilarating.”
Adele’s impact on popular music has been significant. She has helped to revive the popularity of soul music and has inspired a new generation of singers and songwriters. She is also a role model for many people, and her music has helped them to feel less alone in their own experiences.
Adele is one of the most successful and popular singers of all time.
Here are her top songs
- Rolling in the Deep (2011)
- Someone Like You (2011)
- Hello (2015)
- Set Fire to the Rain (2011)
- Chasing Pavements (2008)
- Skyfall (2012)
- Make You Feel My Love (2008)
- Turning Tables (2008)
- Rumour Has It (2011)
- One and Only (2008)
- Lovesong (2011)
- To Be Loved (2021)
Watch Easy On Me by Adele
10. Anti-Hero by Taylor Swift
Taylor Alison Swift is an American singer-songwriter. She is recognized for her songwriting, musical versatility, artistic reinventions, and influence on the music industry. She is a prominent cultural figure of the 21st century.
Swift began professional songwriting at age 14 and signed with Big Machine Records in 2005 to become a country singer. She released six studio albums under the label, four of them to country radio, starting with her 2006 self-titled album. Her early music was characterized by her honest and relatable lyrics about teenage experiences, such as heartbreak, friendship, and family.
In 2012, Swift released her fourth studio album, Red, which marked a departure from her country roots and incorporated elements of pop, rock, and electronic music. The album was a commercial success, selling over 1 million copies in its first week of release. Swift’s subsequent albums, 1989 (2014) and reputation (2017), further cemented her status as a pop superstar.
Swift is known for her outspokenness and her willingness to challenge the status quo. She has been a vocal advocate for women’s rights and LGBTQ+ rights. She has also been a critic of sexism and misogyny in the music industry.
Swift is one of the best-selling music artists of all time. She has won numerous awards, including 11 Grammy Awards, 34 American Music Awards, 29 Billboard Music Awards, and 23 MTV Video Music Awards. She is also the recipient of a Presidential Medal of Freedom.
Swift is a cultural icon who has inspired millions of people around the world. She is a role model for young women and girls, and her music continues to resonate with audiences of all ages.
Here are some of Taylor Swift’s top songs
- All Too Well (10 Minute Version) (Taylor’s Version) (2021)
- Shake It Off (2014)
- Blank Space (2014)
- You Belong with Me (2008)
- Love Story (2008)
- We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together (2012)
- Bad Blood (2015)
- Look What You Made Me Do (2017)
- cardigan (2020)
- willow (2020)
- august (2020)
- seven (2020)
- Wildest Dreams (2014)
- Style (2014)
- Clean (2017)
- Lover (2019)
- The Man (2019)
Watch Anti-Hero by Taylor Swift
Top 10 Songs this week
- BLOOD ON THE DANCE FLOOR (feat. Bloody Civilian and Wale) by ODUMODUBLVCK, Bloody Civilian, and Wale
- Oscroh (Pepperline) by Shallipopi
- City Boys by Burna Boy
- Lonely At The Top by Asake
- Ngozi by Crayon and Ayra Starr
- KUBOLOR (feat. Amaarae) by ODUMODUBLVCK and Amaarae
- Ask About Me by Mohbad
- Pidgin & English by Bnxn
- Things on Things by Shallipopi
- COMMEND by ODUMODUBLVCK
What are the top songs in America right now?
Based on the top charts from Spotify, Apple Music, and American Top 40 as of November 1, 2023, here are the top songs in America right now:
- Cruel Summer – Taylor Swift
- I Remember Everything (feat. Kacey Musgraves) – Zach Bryan
- IDGAF (feat. Yeat) – Drake, Yeat
- MONACO – Bad Bunny
- Blank Space (Taylor’s Version) – Taylor Swift
- greedy – Tate McRae
- Ghostbusters – Ray Parker Jr.
- Kill Bill – SZA
- Paint The Town Red – Doja Cat
- Out Of The Woods (Taylor’s Version) – Taylor Swift
Hip hop top 10 songs this week in america
- Gunna – fukumean
- Offset & Cardi B – JEALOUSY
- Drake – Search & Rescue
- Lil Tjay – June 22nd
- Gunna – bread & butter
- Central Cee x Dave – Sprinter
- Lil Durk – All My Life ft. J. Cole
- Central Cee – Let Go
- Polo G – My All
- Ice Spice & Nicki Minaj – Princess Diana
These songs represent a variety of different styles within hip hop, from the melodic trap of Gunna to the drill of Central Cee to the conscious rap of Lil Durk. It’s a great snapshot of the current state of the genre in America.
What are the top 10 rap songs of 2023?
Here is a list of the top 10 rap songs of 2023 so far, based on a combination of popularity, critical acclaim, and my own personal opinion:
- There I Go (feat. J. Cole & Mike WiLL Made-It) – Gucci Mane
- fukumean – Gunna
- Did Me Wrong – A Boogie Wit da Hoodie
- Endless Fashion (feat. Nicki Minaj) – Lil Uzi Vert, Nicki Minaj
- Hellcat Kenny (feat. Lil Uzi Vert) – Young Thug, Lil Uzi Vert
- The Hillbillies – Baby Keem, Kendrick Lamar
- eyes closed – Chester Watson
- Heisman – EQ Da Fool
- Gunsmoke Town – Kodak Black
- All My Life (feat. J. Cole) – Kendrick Lamar
This list features a variety of different artists and styles, from the trap beats of Gunna and Kodak Black to the more introspective lyrics of Baby Keem and Kendrick Lamar. But all of these songs have one thing in common: they’re all fire.
Here are some additional rap songs that have been popular in 2023 so far:
- Not No Xanax 2 – Cash Cobain f. Chow Lee
- Never Die – Nas f. Lil Wayne
- Make Up Your Mind – Glorilla
- Lollipop – Fousheé
- rodeo dr. – Baby Keem
- From A Man – Maxo Kream
- Not a Drill – EST Gee
- Your Friends – Vince Staples
- Temptation – Kendrick Lamar
- Oh U Went (feat. Moneybagg Yo) – Glorilla
- GOMD (feat. Lil Uzi Vert) – Gunna
- Cash & Chow – Cash Cobain f. Chow Lee
- SAY MY GRACE (feat. Ye) – Fivio Foreign
billboard top 100 hip-hop 2023
- “Deli” by Ice Spice (feat. Lil Tjay)
- “Just Wanna Rock” by Lil Uzi Vert
- “Tesla” by Lil Yachty
- “Here Already” by STIFF LAUREN
- “Tomorrow 2” by GloRilla, Cardi B
- “Fck U Thought” by Lil Durk [Image of Lil Durk Fck U Thought]
- “8am in Charlotte” by Drake
- “Hope You Know” by Kodak Black
- “MR.” by Lil Mabu, Chrisean Rock
- “fukumean” by Gunna
- “Re Up” by STIFF LAUREN
- “Industry Baby 2.0” by Lil Nas X, Nicki Minaj
- “Super Gremlin” by Kodak Black
- “Pushin’ P” by Gunna, Future, Young Thug
- “WAIT FOR U” by Future, Drake, Tems
- “First Class” by Jack Harlow
- “Boyz” by Jesy Nelson, Nicki Minaj, Diddy
- “Industry Baby” by Lil Nas X, Jack Harlow
- “Shiesty Season” by Pooh Shiesty
- “Montero (Call Me by Your Name)” by Lil Nas X
- “As It Was” by Harry Styles
- “Enemy” by Imagine Dragons, JID
- “Heat Waves” by Glass Animals
- “Enemy (from the series Arcane League of Legends)” by Imagine Dragons ft. JID
- “Levitating (feat. Dua Lipa)” by DaBaby
- “Industry Baby (Lil Baby Lil Durk Remix)” by Lil Nas X, Jack Harlow, Lil Baby, Lil Durk
- “Good 4 U” by Olivia Rodrigo
- “Fancy Like” by Walker Hayes
- “Bad Habits” by Ed Sheeran
- “Montero (Call Me by Your Name) (OneRepublic Remix)” by Lil Nas X, OneRepublic
- “Stay” by The Kid Laroi, Justin Bieber
- “Levitating” by Dua Lipa
- “INDUSTRY BABY (feat. Jack Harlow)” by Lil Nas X
- “Streets” by Doja Cat
- “Kiss Me More” by Doja Cat feat. SZA
- “Essence” by Wizkid feat
top american songs of all time
- Respect by Aretha Franklin (1967)
- Imagine by John Lennon (1971)
- What’s Going On by Marvin Gaye (1971)
- Like a Rolling Stone by Bob Dylan (1965)
- (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction by The Rolling Stones (1965)
- Good Vibrations by The Beach Boys (1966)
- Johnny B. Goode by Chuck Berry (1958)
- Hound Dog by Elvis Presley (1956)
- That’ll Be the Day by Buddy Holly and the Crickets (1957)
- My Girl by The Temptations (1964)
- What a Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong (1967)
These songs are all considered classics for a reason. They are well-written, well-performed, and have resonated with listeners for generations. They represent the best of American music, and continue to be enjoyed by people all over the world.
Here are a few more top American songs of all time, in no particular order:
- Purple Rain by Prince (1984)
- Thriller by Michael Jackson (1982)
- Born to Run by Bruce Springsteen (1975)
- Hotel California by The Eagles (1976)
- Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen (1975)
- Stairway to Heaven by Led Zeppelin (1971)
- Free Bird by Lynyrd Skynyrd (1973)
- Respect Yourself by The Staple Singers (1971)
- Bridge Over Troubled Water by Simon & Garfunkel (1970)
- What’s Love Got to Do with It by Tina Turner (1984)
- I Will Survive by Gloria Gaynor (1978)
Who is the king of billboard?
Drake is often referred to as the “King of Billboard” due to his unprecedented success on the Billboard charts. He has the most number-one singles on the Billboard Hot 100 chart (11), the most weeks at number one on the Billboard Hot 100 chart (356), and the most number-one albums on the Billboard 200 chart (6). He has also broken numerous other records on the Billboard charts, including the most number-one singles in a year (7 in 2016) and the most weeks at number one in a year (29 in 2016).
Other artists who have been called the “King of Billboard” include Elvis Presley, Michael Jackson, and Beyoncé. However, Drake has been the most consistent performer on the Billboard charts in recent years, and his dominance has led many to consider him the current “King of Billboard.”
It is important to note that there is no official title of “King of Billboard,” and the term is often used subjectively. However, Drake’s record-breaking success on the charts makes him a strong contender for the title.
List of best-selling singles in the United States
Do you find Six9ja useful? Click here to give us five stars rating!