Netherlands songs are songs that are sung in Dutch or by Dutch artists. They can be of any genre, but some of the most popular styles include pop, rock, dance, and hip hop. Here are some popular Netherlands songs.
1. Greedy – Tate McRae
Tate McRae is a 20-year-old Canadian singer-songwriter, dancer, and actress. She gained prominence as the first Canadian finalist on the American reality TV show So You Think You Can Dance at the age of thirteen. After her original song “One Day” (2017) went viral on YouTube and TikTok in 2019, she caught the attention of RCA Records. She later released her debut EP, All the Things I Never Said, in 2020.
McRae soon gained wider recognition after her song “You Broke Me First” became an international hit in 2021. She was the youngest musician featured on Forbes’ 30 Under 30 list in the same year. Her second EP, Too Young to Be Sad (2021), was the most streamed female EP of 2021 on Spotify. Her debut studio album, I Used to Think I Could Fly, was released in 2022 and was met with positive reviews from critics. It reached the top 10 in various countries and entered at number thirteen on the US Billboard 200. Her first 2023 single, “Greedy”, was her first to chart at number one (in Norway).
Watch Greedy – Tate McRae
2. Lose Control – Teddy Swims
Teddy Swims, real name Jaten Collin Dimsdale, is a 31-year-old American singer-songwriter from Atlanta, Georgia. He is known for blending genres including R&B, soul, country, and pop. Swims began his music career joining a variety of Atlanta-area bands, but it wasn’t until he started posting cover performances on his YouTube channel in 2019 that he began to gain attention. His covers quickly went viral, and his channel now has over 2.5 million subscribers.
In 2020, Swims released his debut major label single, “911,” which was a cover of the Billie Eilish song. The song was a commercial success, and it helped to cement Swims’ status as a rising star in the music industry. He has since released four EPs and a debut album, I’ve Tried Everything but Therapy (Part 1), in 2023.
Teddy Swims’ top songs
- Lose Control
- Bad for Me
- All That Really Matters
- What More Can I Say
- Some Things I’ll Never Know
- Bed on Fire
- Devil in a Dress
- Easy to Love
- You’re Still the One
Other popular songs include:
- Don’t Stop Believin’
- Happy People
- The Door
- Simple Things
- Tennessee Whiskey
- I Can’t Make You Love Me
- Let Me Love You
- Will It Find Me
- Make You Feel My Love
- Somebody Should Kiss You
- Someone Who Loved You
- New Religion
- Blinding Lights
- Rock With You
- FACE MYSELF
Watch Lose Control – Teddy Swims
3. Strangers – Kenya Grace
Kenya Grace is an English musician. She was born in South Africa and grew up in Southampton. She is best known for her 2023 single “Strangers”, which reached number-one in the UK Singles Chart. She is signed with Warner Records.
Grace started writing songs when she was ten years old and began singing in primary school after being gifted a Yamaha keyboard. She developed an interest in musical theatre before growing up and developing an interest in dance music, particularly dubstep. She attended the Academy of Contemporary Music in Guildford, where she studied songwriting and creative artistry.
Grace’s music is a blend of pop, dance, and electronic music. Her songs are often about love, loss, and identity. She has been praised for her powerful vocals and her ability to write catchy melodies.
In addition to her solo work, Grace has also collaborated with other artists, including Sub Focus, Dimension, and T_Harvs. She has also toured extensively throughout the UK and Europe.
Here is a list of Kenya Grace’s top songs
- Afterparty Lover
- Only In My Mind
- Someone Else
- Meteor (Sped Up Edit)
- Strangers (Sped Up)
- Tell Me Why
Watch Strangers – Kenya Grace
4. Unhealthy – Anne-Marie and Shania Twain
Anne-Marie was born and raised in East Tilbury, Essex. She began singing at a young age and appeared as a child actress in the West End production of Les Misérables. She also took up martial arts at the age of three and became a black belt in Shotokan karate.
Here is a list of Anne-Marie’s top songs
- Ciao Adios
- Rewrite The Stars
- Our Song
- Baby Don’t Hurt Me
- Perfect To Me
Watch Unhealthy – Anne-Marie and Shania Twain
5. Tonight – Son Mieux
Son Mieux is a seven-piece Dutch indie pop band from The Hague, led by singer and songwriter Camiel Meiresonne. They are known for their catchy melodies, danceable rhythms, and sophisticated arrangements. Their music has been described as a mix of pop, disco, and folk, with influences from artists such as Arcade Fire, Phoenix, and Daft Punk.
Son Mieux released their debut album, Faire de Son Mieux (which means “To Make the Most of Yourself” in French), in 2019. The album was a critical and commercial success, and it won the Edison Award for Best Album in the Netherlands. Their second album, The Mustard Seed, was released in 2021 and was also a success, with their single “Multicolor” becoming their biggest hit to date.
Here is a list of Son Mieux’s top songs,
- Tell Me More
- Feels Like Home (feat. Son Mieux)
- Dancing at the Doors of Heaven
- This Is The Moment
- Luxury of Quarantine
Watch Tonight – Son Mieux
6. Dreaming – Marshmello, P!nk & Sting
Marshmello is the stage name of Christopher Comstock, an American electronic music producer and DJ. He is known for his signature white helmet, which he wears for public appearances and in his music videos. Marshmello’s music is typically groove-oriented, synth- and bass-heavy electronic dance music.
Marshmello first gained international recognition in early 2015 by publishing remixes online. He has since released several successful singles and albums, including “Alone”, “Silence”, “Wolves”, “Friends”, and “Happier”. These songs have all reached the top 40 of the Billboard Hot 100 chart and have been certified multi-platinum in several countries.
Marshmello has toured extensively throughout the world and has headlined major festivals such as Coachella, Ultra Music Festival, and Tomorrowland. He is one of the most popular electronic music artists in the world, with over 56 million subscribers on YouTube.
P!nk (real name Alecia Beth Moore) is an American singer, songwriter, and actress. She is known for her powerful voice, acrobatic stage presence, and empowering lyrics. She has sold over 135 million records worldwide, making her one of the best-selling music artists of all time.
P!nk began her career as a member of the girl group Choice, but she found success as a solo artist with her debut album, Can’t Take Me Home (2000). The album spawned two Billboard Hot 100 top-ten singles: “There You Go” and “Most Girls.” P!nk gained further recognition with the collaborative single “Lady Marmalade” from the Moulin Rouge! soundtrack in 2001.
P!nk has released nine studio albums, all of which have been commercially successful. Her most recent album, Trustfall (2023), peaked at number 2 on the Billboard 200 chart. P!nk is also known for her energetic and acrobatic live performances. She has been praised for her ability to connect with her fans and her willingness to push the boundaries of what is expected of a pop star.
Here is a list of Marshmello’s top songs
- Happier (featuring Bastille)
- Wolves (featuring Selena Gomez)
- Friends (featuring Anne-Marie)
- Silence (featuring Khalid)
- Come & Go (featuring Juice Wrld)
- Here with Me (featuring CHVRCHES)
- Numb (featuring Khalid)
- Project Dreams
- Check This Out
- Spotlight (featuring Lil Peep)
- Everyday (featuring Logic)
- Fly (featuring Veorra)
- Lost in Time (featuring Khalid)
- Chasing Colors
- Love U
- Grown Man (featuring Polo G and Southside)
- Friends (featuring YFN Lucci)
- Moving On (featuring Khalid)
- Find Me
- House Party (featuring Juicy J and Fat Joe)
- Freal Luv (featuring Wrabel)
- Put Yo Hands Up (featuring Maejor)
- Room to Fall (featuring Wrabel)
- Chasing Stars (featuring Max)
- OK Not to Be OK (featuring Khalid)
- Stars (featuring Sirah)
- Too Much (featuring YFN Lucci)
- Vibr8 (featuring Khalid)
- Power (featuring ASAP Rocky)
- Twinbow (featuring Selena Gomez)
- Like This (featuring Juicy J)
- Want U 2
- Chasing Colors (featuring Noah Cyrus)
- Blocks (featuring Tyga and Sueco the Child)
Watch Dreaming – Marshmello, P!nk & Sting
7. Overdrive (feat. Norma Jean Martine) – Ofenbach
Ofenbach is a French DJ duo consisting of Dorian Lo and César de Rummel. They are based in Paris and have gained international success with their catchy dance music. Their most popular song is “Be Mine”, which has been certified gold in several countries and charted on the Billboard Dance/Mix Show Airplay chart.
Ofenbach met at school at an early age and began playing music together. They started out as a rock band, but later transitioned to electronic music. They cite their influences as Supertramp, The Rolling Stones, and Led Zeppelin.
The name Ofenbach comes from a score by French composer Jacques Offenbach that the duo found at their home. They wanted to create a name that was unique and memorable, and they felt that Ofenbach represented their musical style well.
Here is a list of Ofenbach’s top songs
- Head Shoulders Knees & Toes (feat. Norma Jean Martine)
- Wasted Love (feat. Lagique)
- Be Mine
- Katchi (Ofenbach vs. Nick Waterhouse)
- Hurricane (feat. Ella Henderson)
- Shivers (Ofenbach Remix)
- Paradise (feat. Benjamin Ingrosso)
- Body Talk (feat. Svea)
- Rock It
- OK (Ofenbach Remix)
Watch Overdrive (feat. Norma Jean Martine) – Ofenbach
8. Fast Car – Luke Combs
Luke Combs is a multi-platinum, award-winning country music singer-songwriter from Asheville, North Carolina. He is one of the most popular and successful country artists of his generation, having sold over 10 million albums and 40 million singles worldwide.
Combs began performing as a child and dropped out of college to pursue a career in music. He moved to Nashville in 2014 and released his debut EP, The Way She Rides, the following year. His debut album, This One’s for You, was released in 2017 and reached number four on the Billboard 200 chart. It was certified double platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) and spawned several hit singles, including “Hurricane,” “When It Rains It Pours,” and “Beautiful Crazy.”
Luke Combs top songs
- Doin’ This
- Beautiful Crazy
- The Kind of Love We Make
- She Got the Best of Me
- Beer Never Broke My Heart
- Forever After All
- When It Rains It Pours
- All Over Again
- On the Other Line
- Fast Car
- One Number Away
- Lovin’ on You
- Going, Going, Gone
- Must’ve Never Met You
- When It Rains It Pours
- Even Though I’m Leaving
- Cold Beer Calling My Name
- 1, 2 Many
- Better Together
- Does to Me
- Love You Anyway
- Let the Moonshine
- Dear Today
- Beer Can
- I Know She Ain’t Ready
- Six Feet Apart
- What You See Is What You Get
- Cold as You
- Houston, We Got a Problem
Watch Fast Car – Luke Combs
9. Water – Tyla
Tyla (born Tyla Laura Seethal on January 30, 2002) is a South African singer and songwriter. She rose to international prominence in 2023 with her single “Water”, which became a top ten hit in the United Kingdom and the first song by a South African soloist to enter the US Billboard Hot 100 in 55 years.
Tyla was born and raised in Johannesburg, South Africa. She began singing and songwriting at a young age, and released her debut single “Getting Late” in 2019. In 2021, she signed to Epic Records and released a string of successful singles, including “Been Thinking”, “Girl Next Door” (featuring Ayra Starr), and “Water”.
“Water” is a catchy and sensual song that fuses elements of amapiano, pop, and R&B. It quickly became a viral hit on TikTok, and its accompanying music video has amassed over 30 million views on YouTube. Tyla has performed the song live on several major television shows, including The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon and The Bianca Show.
Tyla’s top songs
- Been Thinking
- Getting Late (ft. Kooldrink)
- To Last
- Girl Next Door (ft. Ayra Starr)
- Overdue (ft. DJ Lag and Kooldrink)
- Ke Shy
- Bana Ba
- Do No Wrong
Watch Water – Tyla
What music do they play in the Netherlands?
The Netherlands has a rich and diverse musical heritage, spanning centuries and encompassing a wide range of genres. From classical and folk to jazz, pop, and rock, there is something for everyone to enjoy in the Dutch music scene.
Classical music has a long and proud tradition in the Netherlands, dating back to the Golden Age in the 17th century. Some of the most famous Dutch classical composers include Johannes Vermeer, Jan Pieterszoon Sweelinck, and Jacob Obrecht. Today, there are many world-renowned orchestras and opera companies in the Netherlands, including the Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra and the Dutch National Opera.
Folk music is also an important part of Dutch culture. Traditional Dutch folk music is often lively and upbeat, with a strong emphasis on accordion and fiddle playing. Some popular Dutch folk songs include “Het Witte Paard” (The White Horse) and “De Zilvervloot” (The Silver Fleet).
Jazz was introduced to the Netherlands in the early 20th century and quickly gained popularity. Some of the most famous Dutch jazz musicians include guitarist Wessel Anderson and saxophonist Piet Noordijk. Today, there is a thriving jazz scene in the Netherlands, with many jazz clubs and festivals held throughout the year.
Pop music in the Netherlands is heavily influenced by British and American pop music, but there are also many successful Dutch-language pop artists. Some of the most popular Dutch pop artists include Marco Borsato, Guus Meeuwis, and Maan.
Rock music is also popular in the Netherlands, with a wide range of subgenres represented, including hard rock, punk rock, and heavy metal. Some of the most famous Dutch rock bands include Golden Earring, Shocking Blue, and Within Temptation.
In addition to these traditional genres, the Netherlands also has a thriving electronic music scene. Dutch DJs and producers such as Armin van Buuren, Tiësto, and Martin Garrix are some of the most popular in the world.
Hip hop is also becoming increasingly popular in the Netherlands, with many talented Dutch hip hop artists emerging in recent years. Some of the most popular Dutch hip hop artists include Boef, Lil’ Kleine, and Frenna.
Overall, the music scene in the Netherlands is extremely diverse and vibrant. There is something for everyone to enjoy, regardless of their musical preferences.
Is country music popular in Netherlands?
Country music is not as popular in the Netherlands as it is in other countries, such as the United States. However, there is a small but dedicated following of country music fans in the Netherlands. There are a number of Dutch country artists, and country music is occasionally played on Dutch radio stations.
One reason for the relative unpopularity of country music in the Netherlands may be that the genre is closely associated with American culture. The Netherlands is a small country with a strong sense of its own identity, and some Dutch people may be hesitant to embrace a genre of music that is so closely associated with another country.
Another reason for the unpopularity of country music in the Netherlands may be that the genre has a reputation for being simplistic and down-home. Some Dutch people may find this style of music to be too corny or unsophisticated.
Despite its relatively low popularity, country music does have a small but dedicated following in the Netherlands. There are a number of Dutch country artists who release albums and tour regularly. There are also a number of country music festivals held in the Netherlands each year.
Overall, country music is not as popular in the Netherlands as it is in other countries, but there is a small but dedicated following of country music fans in the country.
What is traditional Dutch music?
Traditional Dutch music is a diverse genre that reflects the country’s rich history and culture. It is characterized by its simple, straightforward melodies and bass lines, often accompanied by folk instruments such as the accordion, fiddle, and flute. Dutch folk music is often associated with specific regions of the country, and there is a wide variety of subgenres, including sea shanties, drinking songs, and work songs.
One of the most popular forms of traditional Dutch music is the rijmlied, or rhyming song. Rijmlieden are typically short, catchy songs with simple lyrics that often tell stories about everyday life in the Netherlands. They are often accompanied by dancing, and are a popular form of entertainment at festivals and other social gatherings.
Another popular form of traditional Dutch music is the kroondans, or crown dance. Kroondans are circle dances that are often performed at weddings and other celebrations. They are characterized by their intricate footwork and elaborate costumes.
Traditional Dutch music has also been influenced by other cultures, particularly those of the country’s former colonies. For example, the kaseko style of music from Suriname is now popular in the Netherlands, and there are many Dutch musicians who perform kaseko music.
In recent years, there has been a revival of interest in traditional Dutch music. Many new bands and artists are now performing and recording traditional Dutch folk songs. This revival is helping to keep the tradition alive and to introduce it to a new generation of listeners.
Some examples of popular traditional Dutch songs include:
- Ik Hou Van Holland (I Love Holland)
- De Zee (The Sea)
- De Molenaar (The Miller)
- De Boerin (The Farmer’s Wife)
- Het Meisje van de Reiger (The Girl with the Heron)
These songs are often performed at festivals and other cultural events, and they are a popular way for people to celebrate their Dutch heritage.
Who is the Dutch artist whose song went viral?
The Dutch artist whose song “Ik ga zwemmen” went viral in 2023 is Mart Hoogkamer. The song is a summer folk song about swimming in Bacardi Lemon, a popular Dutch alcoholic beverage. The song’s simple lyrics and catchy melody made it a hit on social media, and it quickly became a Dutch summer anthem.
Hoogkamer is a Dutch singer and songwriter who is known for his participation in season 8 of Holland’s Got Talent. He is also known for his cover songs of popular Dutch and international hits.
The song “Ik ga zwemmen” has been streamed over 100 million times on Spotify and has over 50 million views on YouTube. It has also been used in countless TikTok videos and other social media content. The song’s popularity has helped to make Hoogkamer a household name in the Netherlands and beyond.
What is the Dutch dance called?
There is no single Dutch dance called “Dutch dance.” There are many different Dutch folk dances, each with its own name and history. Some of the most popular Dutch folk dances include:
- Klompendans (clog dance): This is the most well-known Dutch folk dance outside of the Netherlands. It is characterized by its use of wooden shoes, called klompen.
- Bollendans (tulip dance): This dance is performed during the Tulip Time festival in Holland, Michigan. It is a lively and colorful dance that celebrates the tulips that are grown in the area.
- Springdans (leap dance): This dance is characterized by its energetic leaps and jumps. It is often performed at weddings and other celebrations.
- Boerendans (farmer’s dance): This dance is a simple and rustic dance that is often performed at festivals and fairs.
- Swinkeldans (mill dance): This dance is performed in honor of the windmills that are a symbol of the Netherlands.
In addition to these folk dances, there are also many modern Dutch dance styles, such as Dutch dance sports, street dance, and contemporary dance.
It is important to note that the Dutch people do not typically refer to their folk dances as “Dutch dance.” Instead, they use the names of specific dances, such as klompendans or boerendans.
What kind of music is Dutch?
Dutch music is a diverse mix of traditional and contemporary styles. Some of the most popular traditional Dutch genres include:
- Levenslied: A genre of folk music that often tells stories of love, loss, and everyday life. Levenslied songs are typically accompanied by accordions, barrel organs, and other traditional instruments.
- Volksmuziek: A genre of folk music that is more upbeat and danceable. Volksmuziek songs often feature fiddles, accordions, and other traditional instruments.
- Klassieke muziek: Classical music is popular in the Netherlands, and there are many world-renowned Dutch classical musicians.
Some of the most popular contemporary Dutch genres include:
- Pop: Dutch pop music is heavily influenced by international pop trends, but it also has its own unique sound. Some popular Dutch pop artists include Anouk, Marco Borsato, and Guus Meeuwis.
- Rock: Dutch rock music has a long and rich history, and there are many great Dutch rock bands, such as Golden Earring, Shocking Blue, and Heidevolk.
- Electronic dance music: Dutch electronic dance music is world-renowned, and the Netherlands is home to many famous DJs and producers, such as Tiësto, Armin van Buuren, and Hardwell.
In addition to these traditional and contemporary genres, Dutch music also includes a variety of other styles, such as jazz, hip hop, and world music.
Here are some examples of popular Dutch songs from different genres:
- Traditional: “Rooie rozen” by André Hazes, “Zeven dagen lang” by Jan Smit, “De klok van Arnemuiden” by Jannes
- Contemporary pop: “Ik Hou Van Holland” by Van Dik Hout, “Hartslag van de stad” by BLØF, “Honderd keer” by Nielson
- Contemporary rock: “Radar Love” by Golden Earring, “Venus” by Shocking Blue, “Zij Wil Mij” by Maan
- Electronic dance music: “Adagio for Strings” by Tiësto, “This Is What It Feels Like” by Armin van Buuren, “Run the World (Girls)” by Hardwell
Most popular music genre in Netherlands
The most popular music genre in the Netherlands is pop music, followed by dance/electronic music. This is according to a 2023 survey by Statista Consumer Insights, which found that 17.86% of Dutch respondents stated that they like to listen to pop music, while 16.31% said they enjoy dance/electronic music.
Other popular music genres in the Netherlands include:
- Hip hop
- Indie rock
- Latin music
- World music
The Netherlands is also a major producer of electronic dance music (EDM), and is home to some of the world’s most famous DJs, such as Armin van Buuren, Tiësto, and Afrojack. The country also hosts a number of world-renowned EDM festivals, such as Amsterdam Dance Event (ADE) and Defqon.1.
Overall, the Netherlands has a diverse and vibrant music scene, with something to offer everyone.
What type of music Netherlands is known for?
The Netherlands is known for a variety of music genres, including:
- Electronic dance music (EDM): The Netherlands is a global leader in EDM, with DJs and producers such as Tiësto, Armin van Buuren, and Hardwell being among the most popular in the world. The Amsterdam Dance Event (ADE) is also one of the largest and most prestigious EDM festivals in the world.
- Symphonic metal: The Netherlands is also home to a number of successful symphonic metal bands, such as Within Temptation, Epica, and After Forever. This genre combines elements of metal music with orchestral and choral elements.
- Progressive metal: The Netherlands is also known for its progressive metal scene, with bands such as Arjen Anthony Lucassen’s Ayreon and Dream Theater being some of the most popular in the world. This genre is characterized by its complex musical arrangements and often conceptual lyrics.
- Folk music: Dutch folk music is typically characterized by its simple, straight bass motives heavily complemented by fast and often happy melodies.
- Classical music: The Netherlands has a long and rich history of classical music, with composers such as Johannes Vermeer and Jacob van Eyck being among the most famous. The Concertgebouw Orchestra is one of the most prestigious orchestras in the world.
In addition to these genres, the Netherlands also has a thriving pop, rock, and hip hop scene. Many Dutch artists have gained international success, such as Golden Earring, Shocking Blue, and Caro Emerald.
Overall, the Netherlands is a very diverse musical country, with something to offer everyone.
What music does the Netherlands listen to?
The Netherlands has a diverse music scene, with a wide range of genres and artists popular in the country. According to a 2018 survey, the most popular music genres in the Netherlands are:
- Pop (17.86%)
- Rock (13.91%)
- Dance (12.96%)
- Hip hop (10.37%)
- Classical (9.44%)
Other popular genres include electronic music, jazz, folk, and world music.
Some of the most popular Dutch artists include:
- Armin van Buuren
- Martin Garrix
- Nicky Romero
- Oliver Heldens
- Don Diablo
- Yellow Claw
- Guus Meeuwis
The Netherlands is also known for its many festivals, including Tomorrowland, Sensation, and Mysteryland. These festivals attract music fans from all over the world.
In addition to the genres and artists listed above, here are some other notable trends in Dutch music in 2023:
- There is a growing popularity of Dutch-language music, with artists like Snelle and Maan gaining mainstream success.
- Hip hop is also becoming increasingly popular, with artists like Boef and Lil Kleine dominating the charts.
- Electronic music remains a staple of the Dutch music scene, with new artists like San Holo and Blinders emerging.
- There is also a healthy indie rock scene in the Netherlands, with bands like DI-RECT and The Charm The Fury attracting a dedicated following.
What type of music is popular in Amsterdam?
Amsterdam has a diverse and vibrant music scene, with a wide range of genres being popular. Some of the most popular genres in Amsterdam include:
- Electronic music: Amsterdam is a world-renowned center for electronic music, with clubs like Paradiso and Melkweg attracting DJs and fans from all over the world. Popular subgenres of electronic music in Amsterdam include techno, house, and trance.
- Hip hop: Hip hop is also very popular in Amsterdam, with Dutch artists like Boef and Lil’ Kleine being huge stars. The city also has a strong underground hip hop scene, with many talented artists emerging in recent years.
- Pop music: Dutch pop music is very popular in Amsterdam, with artists like Suzan & Freek and Kris Kross Amsterdam regularly topping the charts. The city also has a large international community, which means that English-language pop music is also very popular.
- Rock music: Rock music is also popular in Amsterdam, with both Dutch and international artists playing regularly at venues like the Ziggo Dome and AFAS Live.
In addition to these genres, there is also a strong scene for live music in Amsterdam, with many venues offering a variety of different acts, including jazz, classical, and world music.
Here are some of the most popular songs in Amsterdam right now, according to Shazam:
- Lose Control – Teddy Swims
- Vois sur ton chemin (Techno Mix) – BENNETT
- Tonight – Son Mieux
- Dreaming – Marshmello, P!nk & Sting
- Overdrive (feat. Norma Jean Martine) – Ofenbach
- Prada – cassö, RAYE & D-Block Europe
- greedy – Tate McRae
- Strangers – Kenya Grace
- Nickel For Goodbye – Racoon
- Si No Estás – Iñigo Quintero
- This World Is Our Home – Douwe Bob
What music do they play in Amsterdam?
- Electronic music: Amsterdam is a global hub for electronic music, with world-famous clubs like Paradiso and Melkweg hosting top DJs and live acts from all over the world.
- Hip hop: Amsterdam has a thriving hip hop scene, with a number of successful Dutch hip hop artists, such as Boef, Lil’ Kleine, and Frenna.
- Jazz: Amsterdam has a long and rich jazz history, and there are many jazz clubs in the city where you can catch live performances.
- Classical music: Amsterdam is home to the world-renowned Concertgebouw orchestra, and there are many other classical music venues in the city.
- Pop music: Amsterdam has a number of popular pop venues, and there are often major pop concerts taking place in the city.
In addition to these popular genres, there is also a thriving underground music scene in Amsterdam, with clubs and venues hosting everything from punk and rock to folk and world music.
Here are some of the most popular music events in Amsterdam:
- ADE (Amsterdam Dance Event): ADE is the world’s biggest electronic music festival, and it takes place every year in October.
- Melkweg Festival: Melkweg Festival is a multi-genre festival that takes place every year in June.
- Het Concertgebouw: Het Concertgebouw is one of the world’s most prestigious classical music venues, and it hosts a variety of concerts throughout the year.
- Paradiso: Paradiso is a legendary music venue that hosts everything from rock and pop to jazz and world music.
- Sugarfactory: Sugarfactory is a popular nightclub that is known for its eclectic mix of music.
No matter what your musical taste is, you’re sure to find something to enjoy in Amsterdam’s vibrant music scene.
What is the most popular type of musical?
Pop music is the most popular type of musical genre in the world. It is characterized by its simple melodies, catchy rhythms, and repetitive lyrics. Pop music is often produced for commercial success and is designed to appeal to a wide audience. Some of the most popular pop artists of all time include Michael Jackson, Madonna, Beyoncé, and Taylor Swift.
Pop music is popular in all parts of the world and is often used in film, television, and advertising. It is also a popular genre for live performances and concerts.
Other popular types of musicals include:
- Hip hop/rap
- Electronic dance music (EDM)
These genres vary in terms of their musical style, instrumentation, and lyrical content. However, they all share the common goal of entertaining and engaging audiences.
Best Dutch bands of all time
- Golden Earring (Hard rock, progressive rock, psychedelic rock, Nederbeat): Golden Earring is one of the most successful and influential Dutch rock bands of all time. They achieved worldwide fame in the 1970s with hits like “Radar Love”, “Twilight Zone”, and “Instant Remedy”.
- Shocking Blue (Psychedelic rock, pop rock): Shocking Blue is another iconic Dutch rock band from the 1960s and 1970s. They are best known for their mega-hit single “Venus”, which topped charts all over the world.
- Focus (Progressive rock, art rock): Focus is a Dutch progressive rock band that is known for their complex and innovative music. They achieved international success in the early 1970s with their hit single “Hocus Pocus”.
- Doe Maar (Nederpop): Doe Maar is one of the most popular Dutch bands of all time. They are known for their catchy melodies and humorous lyrics.
- Vengaboys (Eurodance): Vengaboys is a Dutch Eurodance group that was popular in the late 1990s and early 2000s. They are known for their upbeat and danceable music, as well as their outrageous outfits and stage shows.
- Within Temptation (Symphonic metal): Within Temptation is a Dutch symphonic metal band that is known for their powerful vocals and elaborate orchestral arrangements. They are one of the most successful symphonic metal bands of all time, with over 3 million albums sold worldwide.
- Epica (Symphonic metal): Epica is another Dutch symphonic metal band that is known for their complex and melodic music. They have achieved international success with their albums such as “The Divine Conspiracy” and “Design Your Universe”.
- Sub Zero Project (Hardstyle): Sub Zero Project is a Dutch hardstyle duo that is known for their energetic live shows and catchy melodies. They have won numerous awards, including the Hardstyle Top 100 award for Best Live Act in 2021 and 2022.
These are just a few of the many great Dutch bands that have emerged over the years. With such a diverse range of genres to choose from, there is something for everyone to enjoy.
Who are the current Dutch rock bands?
Here are some of the most popular current Dutch rock bands:
These bands have a wide range of musical styles, from alternative rock to hard rock to progressive rock. They are all popular in the Netherlands and have also achieved some international success.
Here are some brief descriptions of each band:
- Anouk is a Dutch singer-songwriter who is known for her powerful vocals and energetic live performances. She has released several successful albums, including the Dutch number-one albums Graduated Fool (1997) and Lost & Found (2005).
- Voicst is a Dutch alternative rock band that is known for their catchy melodies and introspective lyrics. They have released several successful albums, including the Dutch number-one album We Are the Future (2011).
- Di-Rect is a Dutch rock band that is known for their energetic live performances and their mix of rock, pop, and funk music. They have released several successful albums, including the Dutch number-one album All Systems Go (2003).
- Kane is a Dutch rock band that is known for their melodic songs and their emotional vocals. They have released several successful albums, including the Dutch number-one album So Glad You Made It (2004).
- Destine is a Dutch alternative rock band that is known for their experimental sound and their powerful live performances. They have released several successful albums, including the Dutch number-one album Aeon (2017).
- De Staat is a Dutch progressive rock band that is known for their complex and eclectic music. They have released several successful albums, including the Dutch number-one album Witch Doctor (2013).
- Navarone is a Dutch hard rock band that is known for their energetic live performances and their mix of rock and metal music. They have released several successful albums, including the Dutch number-one album Human Nature (2014).
- John Coffey is a Dutch metalcore band that is known for their aggressive sound and their powerful live performances. They have released several successful albums, including the Dutch number-one album The Great Migration (2016).
These are just a few of the many great Dutch rock bands that are currently active. With their diverse range of musical styles, there is something for everyone to enjoy.
35 Best Rock Bands From the Netherlands
Do you find Six9ja useful? Click here to give us five stars rating!